How A Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna Works?
A full spectrum infrared sauna utilizes different wavelengths of infrared light to provide a range of therapeutic benefits. Here's how a full spectrum infrared sauna works:
- Infrared Light: Infrared light is part of the electromagnetic spectrum and is divided into three main categories based on wavelength: near-infrared, mid-infrared, and far-infrared. Each category has different characteristics and benefits.
- Heating Elements: A full spectrum infrared sauna is equipped with heating elements that emit infrared light. These elements are typically made of carbon or ceramic materials.
- Near-Infrared: Near-infrared (NIR) light has the shortest wavelength and penetrates the skin's surface most effectively. It can reach deeper layers of tissue and promote cellular rejuvenation, skin health, and wound healing. Near-infrared light can also enhance collagen production and improve the appearance of skin.
- Mid-Infrared: Mid-infrared (MIR) light has a slightly longer wavelength and can penetrate deeper into the body. It can help with pain relief, muscle relaxation, improved circulation, and reduction of inflammation. MIR light is commonly used for therapeutic purposes.
- Far-Infrared: Far-infrared (FIR) light has the longest wavelength and provides a gentle, deep heat. It can penetrate deep into the body, generating a warming effect. FIR light promotes sweating, detoxification, relaxation, and stress reduction. It's the primary component responsible for the sauna's heat.
- Radiant Heat: When the heating elements emit infrared light, it is absorbed by the body, warming the tissues directly without significantly heating the surrounding air. This radiant heat is efficient, allowing the sauna to reach high temperatures more quickly than traditional saunas.
- Heat Distribution: The infrared light emitted by the heating elements is evenly distributed throughout the sauna, ensuring that the heat reaches all parts of the body.
- Safe and Comfortable: Full spectrum infrared saunas operate at lower temperatures compared to traditional saunas, making them more tolerable and comfortable for longer sessions. The lower temperatures also make them safer, reducing the risk of burns or overheating.
- Health Benefits: The combination of near-infrared, mid-infrared, and far-infrared light in a full spectrum infrared sauna provides a range of therapeutic benefits. These can include improved circulation, pain relief, relaxation, detoxification, skin rejuvenation, and stress reduction.
It's important to note that the effectiveness and specific health benefits of full spectrum infrared saunas may vary from person to person. As always, it's advisable to consult with a healthcare professional before using an infrared sauna, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or concerns.
Click here to buy our DIAMOND - 4C Peak Sauna
Click here to buy our TheraSauna TS8454 Far Infrared Sauna
Click here to buy our Dynamic Barcelona 1-2-person Low EMF FAR Infrared Sauna Canadian Hemlock
Click here to buy our CT Harmony Barrel Sauna (CTC22W)